Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another solid week

It was a GREAT week for running and working out...still nowhere near the volume I used to do when I was in full triathlon mode, but I'm feeling strong, my IT band is cooperating, and I think I'm just about ready to rock LA!

I was a little sore from my 19 mile run last Sunday, so Monday night I went for an easy 3 mile run with my husband and it really helped my legs stretch out and feel better.  I ended up taking an unplanned rest day Wednesday because I had to work late and just really didn't feel like working out, but I think my body was happy with the break.  Thursday I had a great 6.5 mile run with some pickups and a mile at half marathon pace (I think...that's what it felt like, and I didn't have my watch).  I have been doing more yoga here and there, and I'm up to 5 pound weights for 30 Day Shred...all good things.

My long run (21.7 miles) was a little slower than I was hoping for, but I think part of that may have been due to dehydration (do I EVER learn???) I was 4 pounds lighter after the run, all fluid loss, which is pretty bad.
My goal was to run about 12 miles easy and about 10 miles at marathon goal pace.  The 12 miles easy were great, and the 10 at goal pace started off great, but then I started getting a little lightheaded and was already out of water.  It wasn't pleasant, but I managed to average 8:50 pace for the first 11.8 miles, and 8:38 pace for the last 9.9 miles...for an average of 8:44 (definitely slower than I want to run in LA).  Oh well...it feels good knowing that my longest run is done. BRING IT, LA!! Can't wait.

Summary of the week:
Monday - 3 mile run
Tuesday - 30 Day Shred Level 3
Wedensday - rest
Thursday - 6.5 mile run with some fartlek
Friday - 30 Day Shred Level 1 and 40 minutes of yoga
Saturday  - 4 miles and 20 minutes of yoga
Sunday - 21.7 miles, 3:09:49, 8:44 avg pace per mile

Total: 35.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your training is going really well! I just started reading your blog recently, so I'm a little behind. What is your marathon goal time? I just recently got back into running. I'm running with a half marathon team and I'm training for the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon. I'm so out of shape and just hoping for 10 minute miles. I hope your training continues to go great and you meet all of your goals! Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete