Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A running kind of weekend

This weekend has been alllll about the running.

Friday after work Mike and I set off for an 18 mile run.  I've never attempted a long run like that after work, but it went really well, plus it was the longest he's ever run!

Saturday we got up bright and early to volunteer at a trail race in Clayton (Mt. Diablo State Park).  The company that put it on gives you FREE race entry when you volunteer for 5 hours, so it was definitely a good deal.  They're putting on the 50K I'm doing in December so I wanted to check out their operation and I was super impressed!  Everyone was friendly and very into Ultras so it was a cool group of people to be around (and get some great tips on loooong trail runs!)  I was glad I wasn't running that particular race, though...over 8,900 feet of elevation gain over the 50K course sounded intense!



Today we drove down to Pacifica for a 5K with the Dolphin South End Runners.  I LOVE their races because they're so small and laid back!  It was a little rainy but the temperature was perfect for running.  Another club member got this photo of me mid-race... I was feeling good!


The course was out and back on a bike path that went over a big hill and had a ton of switchbacks, so I knew I was probably not going to PR...but Mike did!  He ran 20:33 and I ran 22:31...good for 5th male and 2nd female overall! (Have I mentioned how much I love SMALL races?)



I was pretty excited about my red 2nd place ribbon!  I love that our weekends revolve around running now.

No comments:

Post a Comment