Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wednesday strength training

This morning was so beautiful I was a little bummed to be going inside to work out, but I couldn't miss out on some good strength training!



I did 3 sets each of


Bench dips


Decline chest presses


Chest flys with dumbells


Overhead tricep cable extensions






..plus some abs and my IT band exercises





The new work schedule (12-8 instead of 3-10) means I'm at the gym before the crowds so I don't have to wait around for machines, which is AWESOME.





I soaked up the sun on my run to and from the gym, and then ate most of this half of a watermelon and a giant cup of soymilk with some instant espresso stirred in.




Now I'm just cooking up a big pot of brown rice and doing some laundry before I have to go to work. This week is FLYING by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good workout! I have IT band probs now and then. I've heard that a BOSU is good for strengthening inner and outer thighs and glutes to help IT bands. I don't have one, but I'm considering it. Do you use a BOSU at all for leg exercises?

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a BOSU... and the gym here doesn't have one. I do hamstring curls, one-leg squats, and use the hip flexor machine, and I haven't had any problems lately!

    ReplyDelete