Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting there...

The marathon is in 2.5 months...my long run this week was 6.5 miles. I have fully accepted that I may be walking a significant portion of the race in LA, and that's okay. I just want my knee to be better, and to finish.

I woke up this morning feeling like I was coming down with something, but forced myself out the door for 6.5 miles. I actually felt really good while I was running (I kept the pace super easy and didn't wear a watch). I only had to stop and stretch out my IT band once, about a mile from home, and the last mile felt good. Progress!

On Friday I went from Level 1 to Level 2 of 30 Day Shred. Holy hell, I am out of shape. But I love it, and I'm going to keep doing it every day because I think it is actually making me more toned.

Workouts for the week:
Monday - 30 DS Level 1
Tuesday - 4 mile run
Wednesday - 30 DS Level 1
Thursday - 4 mile run
Friday - 30 DS Level 2
Saturday - 3 mile run
Sunday 6.5 mile run

Total: 17.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment