Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Scaling back

When I started training for LA I knew I didn't have much of a base. At all.

All was going well for the first few weeks, until that 6.5 mile run on Tuesday. So, I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off (well, I did 30 Day Shred on Wednesday and Thursday), ran 3 miles yesterday and felt good, and was planning on attempting 6 today.

I ended up only going 4 because I'm trying to be smarter about this whole managing injuries thing. I'm going to do 30 Day Shred again tomorrow and attempt 4 again on Tuesday.

I am now aware that I probably won't PR or BQ in LA and that's okay. If anything, I just want to get another marathon under by belt and work up a nice solid base so I can make a BQ attempt at a summer or fall marathon.

Here's how the week ended up:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 6.5 miles
Wednesday - 30 Day Shred
Thursday - 30 Day Shred
Friday - rest
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 4 miles

Total: 13.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment