Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I hope good things come in 3s

Friday I got some disappointing news.  I didn't get the summer school teaching position I was hoping for, and it really bummed me out.  I knew going in that it was pretty unlikely, because all the full time teachers in the district had priority...I'm just a sub.

But then yesterday I got some good news.  I passed 3 tests I needed to add a single subject biology credential to the multiple subject credential I already have.  That was a huge relief.

Then there was this morning's track workout: purely AMAZING.  The weather was perfect (60, cloudy, no wind) and I felt SO GOOD! The plan was 10 miles with 5 x 1000 at 5K race pace.  My last 5K wasn't an accurate picture of my true 5K race pace, so I decided to shoot for 21:00 5K pace, which meant 4:12 for each 1000.

I ran 2 miles to the track and got going on the first one.  I felt strong, and came in at 4:09.  The second was 4:10, then 4:06, 4:05, and 4:02.  They were hard, but in a good way, and it definitely felt like a pace I could hold for longer.  This workout was a MAJOR confidence booster.

So good things in 3s...so far we've got my test results and this track workout.  Wednesday I have an interview for a full-time junior high science teaching position for next year.  I've been subbing at the school a lot, talked with the principal and a bunch of the teachers, and feel like the school is a perfect fit for me.  I will be absolutely ecstatic if I get this job (and if I don't, I actually like substitute teaching and it wouldn't kill me to do it again next year).

3 comments:

  1. I prefer to call myself a "Freelance Educator", not "just a sub"! Subbing isn't a bad gig, it gives you flexibility to workout more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the job! I was unemployed last summer, and it sucked :( But I got a lot of workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on passing the CSET and good luck at your interview :)

    ReplyDelete