Because it's cold and rainy and yes I will go run 20 miles, but indulge me first:
1. Tweeting/talking on your cell phone during a marathon is just weird to me. I thought the whole point of running a marathon was pushing yourself
2. I will probably own a running skirt in the near future (what? I can't rule out the possibility and everyone keeps telling me how comfortable they are) but I just cannot get behind those matchy-matchy running outfits where everything from hat to shoes is perfectly coordinated
3. If you take a gu during a race, don't drop the packet on the ground unless you're in the middle of an aid station. The Nike Women's Marathon went along my usual running route and after that weekend there was gel-packet litter EVERYWHERE. Just carry it to a trash can!
4. Running without socks is just better
5. I don't understand the concept of running a race just to finish. I guess a fun run every now and then can be fun, but if I'm going to the expense of registering for a race, I want to push my hardest, not just finish. Why settle for being mediocre? Why not see what you're really capable of?
6. I love race volunteers. Love them.
7. I always complain about how ridiculous it is to get a medal after every marathon and triathlon I do...and yet I just can't bear to get rid of them.
8. I don't think I'll ever buy myself a Garmin (I've run just fine without one for 13 years) but if one happened to be under the Christmas tree this year, I wouldn't be sad.
I'm sure you have unpopular opinions/vents/confessions....Please spill!