Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feeling the Burn

My husband and I planned on not getting each other any Christmas gifts. We spent a chunk of money traveling around Asia, and moving into a place back home was a little spendy as well.





So I was definitely surprised when there were a few gifts waiting for me on Christmas morning, and I felt horrible because I hadn't gotten anything for him. I was really excited to get a new yoga mat (I thought I'd put mine in storage before we went to Asia but it somehow disappeared) and 30 Day Shred, which I've been wanting for months! Thanks, Hubs!

I didn't have any running to do Christmas Day, but I did Level 1 of 30 Day Shred with 3 pound weights and I'm still a little sore. Kind of embarrassing. On the other had, I guess it's good I'm working muscles that haven't been used since I stopped going to the gym in August.





I definitely did my share of indulging on Christmas, and my weight is up about 2 pounds. I'm not worried about it, though. We've already purged the house of all the junk and we're back to TONS of fruits and vegetables at ever meal. No waiting around for New Years Resolutions here!





And now about my exercise for the week:


Tuesday: 4 mile run


Thursday: 4.7 mile run (I planned to do a track workout but the gate to the track was locked and I didn't feel like climbing over it. Kind of a slacker...)


Friday: 30 Day Shred, Level 1


Saturday: 3 miles easy (my husband ran with me!)


Sunday: 11.4 miles at 8:08 pace (I was REALLY happy with this run!)





Week Total: 23.1 miles

3 comments:

  1. Nice gifts! Looks like a good workout week too!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shred is evil! The first time I did it (a little less than a year ago), I couldn't walk for DAYS! I think I'm going to do it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house, junk food purge. I did it too. I'm up 4 lbs, yikes! Time to STOP!

    ReplyDelete