Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Work the Core

I have SEVERELY neglected my abs the past few months. Moving from hostel to hostel every few nights, frequently with no floor space in the room, made it pretty hard to get my core work in.





But, now we're back to reality. New apartment, new jobs, new marathon to train for, and a middle that's gotten a little soft. So here's what I'm going to do about it. This is inspired by the "Whittle Your Middle" challenge that Angela posted over at Oh She Glows.





Every day for the next 30 days, I'm going to do AT LEAST 8 minutes of core work. Today it looked a little something like this:




1 minute front plank (on elbows)


1 minute bent-leg crunches


1 minute Russian twists


1 minute bicycles


1 minute left side plank (on elbow)


1 minute right side plank (on elbow)


1 minute leg lifts


1 minute back extensions





Fun stuff! I'm a little scared of how sore I'm going to be tomorrow, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment