Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Changing my plans

Sooo, it's looking like that 50K in August may not happen after all.  There's an out-of-town wedding that weekend that we really can't miss, and getting back in time for the run Sunday morning just isn't going to happen.  I'm a little bummed, but I'm also excited because it means I'll be running the San Francisco marathon at the end of July! 

Since I've been running 30-40 mpw the last month, I think I'm ready to jump into the Pfitz 12/55 plan, but knowing me I won't be following exactly.  I'm just excited to keep piling on the miles and hopefully have a better race than I did in LA.

Summary of the week:

Monday - 6 mile run on the treadmill (8:33 pace)
Tuesday - XT (45 min exercise bike)
Wednesday - 6.25 mile trail run
Thursday - 5.4 miles on the treadmill (8:26 pace)
Friday - Track workout (2 mile warm up, 1 mile @6:37, 8 x 400 @ 1:38 (avg), 2 mile cool down)
Saturday - 3.6 miles
Sunday - 10 miles with my sister (9:12 pace)

Total: 39 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment