Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wish they all ended up like this

Allergies have been completely kicking my ass.  I'm a stuffed-up, sneezing, coughing, weezing, itchy-eyed mess and it's not fun.  I dragged my sniffly self out of bed to run the prescribed 16 miles with 10 at goal pace today and I had exceedingly low expectations.  I was tired and groggy, and the first 6 miles were a real struggle.  But something happened when it was time to pick up the pace.  It was like my body woke up and got its act together, and the last 10 miles, I felt really strong. 

For once in my life I think I hydrated enough...I ran 2 8 mile loops and grabbed a water bottle for the second loop, which I drank all of by the time I was done.  There was a nasty headwind the last three miles that was a giant pain, but I just kept pushing and felt pretty amazing and relaxed running 8 minute miles.

The rest of the week was pretty good too.  I felt like crap on Wednesday, so I made that my rest day and ran 4 miles recovery on Friday.  I followed it up with 10x100 m strides, which I haven't done since high school.  They're fun!

Summary of the week:
M- 45 minutes stationary bike (13 miles)
Tu - 8 miles @ 8:29 pace
W - rest
Th - 11 miles @ 8:36 pace
F - 4 miles @ 8:20 pace, 10 x 100 m strides
Sa - 4 miles
Su - 16 miles (6 @ 8:48 pace, 10 @ 8:01 pace)

Total - 43 miles

1 comment: