Goals for 2010:
1. Qualify for Boston (
2. Run at least two full marathons
3. Set PRs at 2 or more different distances
4. Run at least one trail race
So how are things going?
1. I missed a BQ in LA by 14 minutes. It was not a great race, and I know I didn't train enough. I am still hoping to BQ at CIM in December
2. I've run one, and will run another in December, so I should meet that goal if I can stay healthy
3. We'll see... I'm planning on running a half marathon in October (the same race I set a PR in 2 years ago) and I think I'll be able to do it a few minutes faster. I'm also signing up for my first 50K in August!!! so I'll have an instant PR there
4. The 50K is a trail race, so that should be taken care of.
As long as I can keep my IT band in check and avoid any other injuries, I think I should be able to meet all my goals!
I'm beyond excited about training for my first Ultra. I decided not to run marathons in San Francisco and Portland. With the 50K in August, a half marathon in October, CIM in December, and a few shorter races thrown in here and there, I think I have a good schedule set for the rest of the year!