Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Thank you, running gods

Today's track workout pretty much erased my doubts about my fitness that arose from that crappy 5K the other night.

The plan was to run up to the track (2 miles), run 4 800s at about 3:20, and run home (2 miles...obviously)

It was a PERFECT morning - sunny, cool, no wind. My legs felt surprisingly springy and fresh (I took a rest day yesterday and usually that makes them feel pretty dead). I busted out those 800s in 3:18, 3:15, 3:12, and 3:15. I can run at 6:30 pace and not die! I actually felt pretty good running at that pace. Huge confidence boost that leads me to believe that someday in the near future I may be able to set a new 5K PR. AWESOME.

I am just going to make sure the track workouts happen once a week, because they totally make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment