Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Survived...

I forgot how much fun track workouts can be, especially 400s. You get to run fast, and it feels amazing...then right when you feel like you're going to die, you get to stop!

My mile wasn't great - 6:34, but I can't really complain. My 400s were a little better: 1:32, 1:30, 1:30, and 1:28. I walked 100m in between each.

I'll be back at the track next week for some 800s, and I'm honestly looking forward to it. I am dying to PR in the 5K sometime this summer, so I'm prepared to work my bum off in order to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh track workouts, hell and heaven all roped into one workout! Back when I ran more consistently, I LOVED track workouts. I mostly loved how insanely accomplished I felt after. Good for you! Keep it up and you will surely PR in your 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great workout! I ran a similar track workout last week and just ran a 5K tonight that is right around your PR. :) You are totally in shape to smash it!

    I love track workouts too. I am a total nerd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job!! i have 400s tomorrow - they hurt but they are done fast! 800s are my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd kill to run a 6:34 mile..... You're so speedy :)

    ReplyDelete