Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LOVE that treadmill

Not being sarcastic.

It was cold, rainy, and generally unpleasant last night, and after working a 10 hour day, the last thing I wanted to do was hit the track in the pouring rain. Fortunately, we re-joined our gym this week, so I took my interval workout to the treadmill, and it was awesome (in an "I'm totally getting my ass kicked" kind of way).

I warmed up for 1 mile (about 9 minute pace), then did 3 1-mile repeats at 6:58 min/mile, with a mile recovery after each one. Then I cooled down for a mile at the end.

The whole workout ended up being 7 miles in 58:08. It would have been a little faster, but I got HORRIBLE stomach pains after the first interval, so I walked for a little while. Fortunately that cleared them right up and I finished the workout with no problems!

I can't say the last one didn't hurt (I think it was more mental than anything). It took everything I had not to slow it down early, but I made it through, and even bumped it up to 8.8 (6:49 pace) for the last minute!

Tonight I'm excited to go to spin class for the first time in over a year. I'm going to be super sore tomorrow but I LOVE spin and have missed it like crazy!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job! I have to do a workout on a treadmill I can't just run and run without structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time when I don't totally hate the treadmill is when using it for speedwork. Sounds like you had a great set! When is your next race?

    ReplyDelete