Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just what I needed

Today's run was tough. I woke up at 6 AM and headed out along the river for a beautiful 8.5 miles, but mentally I just couldn't get in the groove. It's hard not having any races to train for, and while I usually love running just to run, lately I've been craving a little competition.





Something out there in the universe must have been paying attention, because in my inbox this morning was information on a 5k/10K/half/Marathon coming up in 2 weeks! I debated whether I should do the half or the 10K, but since I haven't been doing that many long runs and I've been doing a bit of speedwork, I ultimately decided to do the 10K. I ran my last one over a year ago, in 47:47, but my IT band was killing me the last mile. It hasn't been a problem lately, so I'm really hoping to beat that time, but I don't know if I'm in good enough shape to PR.





I think this will really help get me pumped up for my speed workout on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I average one rough run per week. it is always my mid-week semi longer run too. Yesterdays 7 miler was very challenging, yet the previous 13.2 miles was a breeze.

    I, too, have not raced in a while and signed up for a half marathon on the 22nd. Maybe that will help boost my running spirits!

    ReplyDelete